A little self care never hurt anybody.

https://bit.ly/2BHlSd



 Hello!

It's day 1,639 of quarantining! Time flies when you've been staring at the same four walls for two months...

Everyone of us has had different ways of coping with the "new normal", whether it's doing yoga every morning, baking or just trying to keep your routine as normal as possible.

Some of you might not be coping so well, and that's okay too!

For the most part, I have enjoyed the free time I've had the past few months, some times I've really struggled.

Self care is so much more than plastering a face mask on or having a glass of wine in the bath... That being said, I am very fond of drinking in the bath while wearing a face mask. So please don't think I'm shitting on face masks and baths, I'm most certainly not!

I have a few different ways of practicing some self care, from calling a loved one, taking naps, or getting out of the house and into a bit of nature.

A lot of the time when I'm feeling down or just a bit out of sorts, I ring my mam or my sister, even if its just to hear what they did that day, sometimes I won't tell them how I'm feeling but just talking to them makes me feel a little better.

I've also found that putting a dash of makeup on, styling my hair a bit and wearing a cute outfit also lifts my mood.

Another thing I do is write it down, I have a gratitude journal where I write down things I'm grateful for. Once I've written it down, I often feel tonnes better! This is literally just a note pad I got in euro giant for €1.50 it's nothing special but it works wonders!

Between 11.30 am and 12 pm the post man arrives, it might be sad to admit but seeing him pull into the driveway brings great excitement. Does he have a package for me? Has that cute floral dress I ordered on Depop from Becky in Galway arrived? Wow, that is sad...

But whatever gets you through the day Hayley.

During all this, I've actually found cooking and baking to be ridiculously therapeutic. Trying new things for dinner, last week I made what I called Mexican Lasagna! Its chili layered with Doritos, tortillas, cheese and its delicious if your wondering!

Walking is a big one for me, going for an hours walk helps me forget my worries and lifts my mood immensely. Usually I'd go for a walk with my dog Rebel, but as I've said, I'm in quarantine away from my family so I haven't seen them or her in a long ass time.

Phase one of taking the country back from Corona began on Monday, phase one allows people to meet up in a group of no more than four and of course social distancing must be practiced. Yesterday I got to spend the day with my family and it was honestly done wonders, I was able to go for a walk with Rebel and my mam, watch my sister spray paint her bike florescent orange and have a drink in the garden with my da.

It's the little things that we took for granted before that really make the difference now.

Everyone has different ways in which they indulge in some self loving and all oof them are right! So whether it's face masks, a bottle of pinot grigio or morning meditation. Self care is not selfish and we should practice it as often as we need too!


Stay safe, stay home.


Yours sustainably,


                 Hayley x








Comments

  1. Amen! Self care is so important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have different coping mechanisms. As long as we do, whatever it is that keeps us happy and sane, we're all good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been crazy times. My brothers and partner always remind me to self care coz I'm always busy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Slogan tees and why they're not cool.

The quarantine diaries 2

It's vintage, dahling!